Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Post Ironman Life

I wish I could say its glorious.

However, in becoming a "normal" human being like I so wanted to become, I've actually become a tired but no time for naps, overworked, no time for workouts (not that I want to at this point!), never get to see my dog, can't remember what day it is NORMAL human being.

I think I liked training for an Ironman. At least I knew what day it was. Granted, my training peaks told me based on what my workout was, but I still knew the day of the week!

You could say its hard adjusting. I'm working 2 part time jobs, which equals more than a full time job, with driving in between. Not getting paid what I should. Fitting in eating when I can (I remember when this used to be THE priority!) Talking to/seeing friends LESS than when I was training (is that even possible??). Still not getting to sleep in past 6:30.

But I supposed once I get into a groove (or get new jobs), it will all be better. I'm already thinking about my race schedule for next year. No IM, but possibly 2 70.3's. And I can't believe I'm considering IMFL '10. Didn't I want to kill myself during THIS one?

Know what makes it better though? Wearing this shirt today:

"Oh, you ran a marathon? That's cute. 140.6"

Rock on.

3 comments:

Go Mom Go said...

Too Funny Robyn -

I know I will be doing one in 2010 too -- one of the november races look best to the family schedule, BUT I would rather do Lou or WI. So, I know I have some time to decide but it will be a big decision. That I can't wait to make. I miss training for IM terribly.

Good luck with everything!
Peace!

Theoutofshapeguy said...

So i'm planing on registering for Wisconsin 2010. I totally think you should to :-)

Eileen Swanson said...

wow, busy girl! hang in there, stuff always gets easier and better ;-) glad you finally updated your post! HA!

E