Sunday, February 22, 2009

Bad attitude

So I thought I was finally going to have my first week of doing ALL my workouts...until I woke up Saturday morning. My week had gone great with my workouts, and besides a little fatigue, I actually had felt good pre and post workouts. Saturday morning I had clients from 8-noon and when I got home it was like I hit a brick wall. So instead of doing my bike test, I opted for a nap. Bad Robyn.

Saturday nights I teach Sunday School at church. First graders. JOY. Actually I love them. I usually have the same kids every week and it is a lot of fun. Except this week. I almost went to jail for child abuse. Seriously. I'm not sure if it was because I was tired, or the kids were absolutely whacked out last night, or both. Normally I have anywhere between 12 and 16 kids attend my class. I'm the only teacher. It is really hard to recruit teachers on Saturday evenings. Last night, I had 14 kids. Not bad, until I tell you that TWELVE of them were boys. Not to mention six of those twelve were regular problems. GREAT. I have never been so frustrated with a class in my life. I like to think I can control children well, but I had one kid trying to take off his shirt, two kids wrestling, and one kid throwing his bible in the air like it was a ball. That was just during the bible story. They started out the night building swords out of tinkertoys and trying to stab each other. Welcome to CHURCH!

I almost walked out and just let them injure each other. I was so frustrated. I didn't even know what had happened in the bible story. The sad thing is, one of the parents volunteered to stay and help me and I'll be surprised if she ever brings her son back. I had a nice long chat with one of our children's ministry director's and something will be changing by next week. Hopefully that change won't be a new teacher because the current one is in jail for child abuse charges.

Today wasn't too much better at church because my mood was already destroyed by my class last night. I tried to be in a good mood and I think I passed it off, but I was totally not "there". I've been trying to detox my attitude all day. So far.....nothing. But I did get a solid nap.

Training will be amazing this week...I feel it. Tomorrow is a new day!