Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm OLD

So I'm currently talking to Hannah Mac on facebook. She's a diver at KU. She was my favorite freshman when I was a senior. I took her under my wing and showed her the ropes. I've kept in touch with her since I've left, and have only been able to go back to watch her compete once. I should have tried harder to get back more, but alas, life gets in the way.

This weekend was senior meet at KU. And Hannah is a senior! I cannot believe it. Where has the time gone? I was just telling her that I felt like those 4 years at KU were sooooo incredibly long, but at the same time, I felt like I arrived on campus for my freshman year....blinked....and all the sudden I was moving to Memphis.


It makes me miss KU, diving, and my team. Those were an incredible four years, but also the hardest and most rewarding four years thus far in my life. Well, besides the year I trained for Ironman, which sometimes felt like four years. ;)


I remember being a freshman and looking up to our seniors and thinking "man, it will be forever until I'm a senior!" But alas, it came and went. I learned so much about myself as a person and athlete at KU. I also met my best friends there.


I just cannot believe that Hannah is a senior now, when it felt like yesterday she was on her recruiting trip. Shelby, Casey, and I took her to Mass St. where she found her prom dress. Next thing I knew, she was on our team and making a name for herself.


Just makes me realize how life goes by very fast and sometimes we just need to slow down and enjoy it. Like the bible study book I'm reading. It talks about being Mary in a Martha world. I'm considering going to Columbia, MO for the zone meet to watch Hannah's last meet ever! I hope it'll work out logistically. I'd love to live my old life again for just a weekend!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Biitch please, I do not want to hear you complaining about being old :)