Tuesday, August 26, 2008

BIG DAY is fast approaching

WOW. I freaking leave in 2 days. So much has to be done before then, and all I really feel like doing is nothing (i.e. resting). I'm getting my hyper taper energy, but its always at the end of work at 24 hour fitness. Weird.

I have had SO MUCH on my mind these last few days. Originally I was supposed to move apartments tomorrow...that's right, the day before I left for the race. Well, when I say move, I mean GET MOVERS. But it looks like we may just be moving buildings within our complex, which means I can push the move back until after the race...Thanks goodness!!

Other than moving, bills bills bills have been bombarding me. I am currently working two jobs, which when I get onto a normal schedule will probably have me working every bit of 45-50 hours per week. But for now, its not enough. It's just hard to concentrate on this race knowing how much money is going into it, when I can't even afford the necessities!

But aside from all the stress of normal living...I am getting excited for race day. Once I'm on the road Thursday, I will feel much better and much more focused on it. So, in honor of the BIG DAY coming up, here are a few things I'm looking forward to in my post Ironman life (in no particular order):

1. Getting my hair done! It hasn't been done since March, mostly b/c of the $$ issue. I look AWFUL, but at the same time when your hair is under a helmet 67% of the week, it doesn't matter much.
2. Eating like a normal person.
3. For that matter, sleeping and overall acting like a normal person.
4. Not having to train past 4pm on Saturdays (unless I start at 3pm).
5. Having the energy to clean my apartment on a regular basis.
6. Not having to rest going up a flight of stairs due to leg fatigue (at least not as often).
7. Reconnecting with my friends.
8. Weightlifting again, how I want to do it.
9. Playing things that don't involve a pool, a bike, and running shoes.
10. Not waking up hungry at 3am.
11. Not crying in the middle of a 115 mile ride.
12. Not talking to annoying people at creepy gas stations 40 miles from my apartment.
13. Stay awake all day for once.

There's about 63 more things I could add, but I won't bore you. Stay tuned!

7 comments:

tri2fnsh said...

Oh Robyn...it is the final push!! Just enjoy every moment - Troy and I were just talking yesterday about how our IM is now 2 months ago...it feels like it was a year ago. You're gonna do great and you'll absolutly LOVE it. I can't wait! ;-)

Iron Jayhawk said...

In the grand scheme of things, these are just small sacrifices to get what you want. In a few days time, as you soak in the pride while wearing your medal, none of the craziness that it took to get you here will matter. :)

You'll have your life back before you know it...and likely be itching to pin down your next big race. ;)

runningtwig said...

Good luck this weekend! I can't wait to read your race report!

Alissa said...

YEAH ROBYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!! When do I get to take you out for a celebratory drink?

Julie said...

Congrats girl, you did it!!! Cant wait to hear your recap!!

Eileen Swanson said...

Way to go Robyn! What a crazy day! How are you feeling? I am super, super sore and can't sleep! But I am home now and so happy to see Belle, Reid will be home later. So great meeting you too. I'll let you know about camp details.....

E ;-)

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

Where is your race report? I'm dying to read it! And I'm a total idiot because I didn't include in mine how great it was meeting and rooming with you all weekend!
But I am composing a "post-Ironman" thoughts write up that will definitely mention our fun weekend! If fun is what you call it!