Thursday, August 7, 2008

I can officially talk about it

My job. YES....I have a job. Shocker, I know. No longer will I be living the life of a bum (professional-yet-unpaid-triathlete). No more two-a-day naps. No more facebooking until my fingers fall off. No more visiting friends on a daily basis.
I guess I knew it was coming.

Well, I officially (as of yesterday) work for 24 hour fitness. I am a personal trainer. Let me rephrase that: I'm the ONLY female personal trainer at this location. Which pretty much makes me awesome.
I am actually excited because apparently there's a lot of people just waiting for a female personal trainer. I don't blame them. I'm a pretty big deal.

I'm really not that into myself, but I do think I'll do a really good job. 24 hour also seems like a great place to work. In September, I'll be going to Denver for 5 days for an "intro to the company" type deal. Paid for! So that's cool. Actually, they wanted to send me to an earlier class, but guess when it was? August 25-29, meaning I'd get back in town the 30th. NOT GONNA WORK. The head fitness manager said to the club manager "Oh, she can't do that, she has that thing"

That thing....that little thing...yeah. That 17 hour day, 140.6 mile journey...that little thing takes place on August 31st. Can't miss it.

Anyway. That's what will pay the bills for now. And tonight, I witnessed the power of a pretty woman (me, obviously) in an athletic setting. I was running (if you want to call it that), and I see a guy STRUGGLING a few hundred feet in front of me. Kinda looked like the type of dude that finally mustered up the will power to go out and run. He was slightly overweight, and like I said, struggling. Sweating profusely, beat red face...everything. All the sudden, he saw me. After he passed behind a tree, he all the sudden pepped up and was running. Smile on his face. Standing really tall. He passed me, gave me the biggest smile and said "good evening!" After about 10 seconds, I turned around to look at him, and sure enough, he was walking again, hunched over looking like death.

That's why female personal trainers rock. The guys want to impress pretty girls. Thanks mom and dad for making me pretty :)

1 comment:

Mira (Ivanovich) Lelovic said...

Congrats on the job! Just in time for the taper!