Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'm baaaaaaaack!

Yes, it is true. My computer is fixed!! Thanks to my mom's computer guy. He remotely fixed it from Kentucky on Saturday and I've been enjoying the 21st century ever since.


Everything is pretty much the same. Still working at 24 Hour Fitness, and, well, that's about it. I work, I sleep, I eat. Repeat. And Junior is still Junior. Currently he is growling at the vacuum cleaner because he thought it jumped at him while playing with his ball. I love my dog :)


This is an exciting and perfect time for my internet to be and for me to be blogging again. I started training again on December 1 for my tri season. Here's an outlook for next season:


LOTS OF CHANGES.


First off, I have a new team. Though I'm technically not a part of it yet (waiting until Jan 1, because that's when team dues are paid every year), I will be racing for:

I think this will be so much better for me than my previous team, because I will have people to train with (and race with) and they are involved in the community which I LOVE. I am excited to represent them!

Let's see, more changes:

NEW age group (not excited about moving up to 25-29);

NEW outlook on the season (now that I've done an Ironman, I'm a totally different triathlete...and person);

NEW races (hopefully I'll get to go to some new races that I've never done!)

Things that are the same:

COACH - Liz got me through the toughest thing I've ever done so I can't let go of her! She'll be coaching me all season to hopefully some very good finishes at one (or two) half Ironman races.

BIKE - Unfortunately a $2500 bike is not in the budget this year. Maybe it won't get cut next year....maybe.....

LOCATION - Still in good 'ol Memphis, TN. And there are currently plans being worked up that would guarantee me to be here for another 3 years. More about that to come....

Until then, I'm off. I'm getting sleepy and because I get up at the crack of dawn...I mean BEFORE the crack of dawn everyday, I must start getting ready for bed.

I'm happy to say I'm back to blogging :)

3 comments:

kadooclan said...

I am glad you are back. I missed your blog.
mom

Alissa said...

Yay! Robyn's back! :)

Julie said...

Hey, at least you didnt age up to 30-34 like me :(