Wednesday, September 19, 2007

And it continues...

First workouts post-major race SUCK. Usually, I take off like a week, and by a week, I mean two or three. Mostly because I'm just physically and mentally exhausted and I just really don't feel like getting up early to train, or when I come home I just crash. BUT seeing as how I have a marathon in T - 10 weeks, the training must go on......

So yesterday, I started with Memphis in Motion

It was HARD. I've never felt so much like crap during a run and I looked kind of pathetic. The way this group trains is a run/walk style where you walk once you reach an anaerobic heart rate. I think I was anaerobic from the time I woke up yesterday morning. These older women were calling out their heart rates "148"........"143".......and then there's the young chipper Robyn..... "178".....Neat. I blame it on the race....yeah that's it! That was frustrating. We only went like 3.8 miles, including warmup. Definitely frustrating. I'm going again tomorrow evening and I'm looking forward to meeting new people. To be continued.....................

No comments: