Monday, September 24, 2007

The Weekend



First off, Friday was Junior's birthday! He's the big 1!! I got him a cake and he loved it. It was from Three Dog Bakery in Collierville. That place smelled delish even though it probably tasted like dog food. I took him to Petsmart to get a new toy (or two) and then we played at the park...so spoiled!

Saturday morning was a 4:15am wakeup call. My first long run with Memphis in Motion. It was different than I thought it would be. Not in a bad way...just different. We just ran around for the first hour, because you have the choice of coming at 5 or 6. We went back and picked up the people that came at 6, and total there were probably about 25-30 people running. SO much better than running by myself. Plus, with the run/walk technique Mark uses, my body wasn't trashed after 5 or 6 miles. I couldn't find my garmin that morning (I have since located it) so I didn't know how far we had been. I asked a guy when I was about to go back to the car, and he said we had gone 13.5. I felt really good for just running a half marathon!! One guy and I ran back to the cars, the rest of the group had longer runs to do. All in all, it was a 16 mile morning. Needless to say, I went back to the apartment, showered, and crashed for 3 hours. It was a lazy and unproductive day...

Yesterday started out with volunteering in the nursery at 8am service at church, then I went to 9:30 service...went home for a quick nap (those kids always wear me out!) because I had to be back at church at 12:45 for my soccer teams pictures. They were so funny! All the boys had their hair slicked down and combed...which is funny because not 45 minutes later, they'd be sweaty messes during our soccer game! Well, we got killed 13-3, but I think they had a 12 yr old on their team, because she alone scored 11 of their goals!! Mind you, I have a team of all 4 yr olds...my boys were scared of her. Anyway, they had fun, which is what's important.

Run group tonight. Just got the email of the workout...something about form drills...hmm...I really wish I would have joined this group BEFORE this past tri season!!! Just wait till next year...... mwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I'm not sure that was necessary...

No comments: