Friday, May 30, 2008

No Title Day

I can't think of a creative title for this post, so deal with it.











First off, I just made a KICK A$$ LASAGNA!! It's about as healthy as lasagna can get: Whole wheat pasta, Turkey meat, and low fat ricotta cheese, among other things. I've gotten several compliments from people including my roommate and his girlfriend, myself, and Junior. I'd say that's pretty solid.

Had an almost 9 mile run last night. It was actually 8.6. It was pretty slow, but my legs felt great. I ran a pretty hilly course for Memphis, so I guess I had to feel pretty good about it. What I was most proud of is the fact that I listened to my coach, and recovered SMARTLY. Can I say that? I don't care. That's what I did. I woke up NOT SORE for the first time in a loooong time after a long run. As the day wore on, my hips became a bit sore, but nothing compared to what I usually deal with. I guess Coach is right sometimes ;)

Tomorrow....I have a 5 hour ride. I'm actually a bit nervous, because it's the longest training ride yet. Should be approximately 75 miles or so. That's a lot of freakin miles. I'm planning to ride up to Bartlett (about 12 miles away) to a group ride. I called the bike shop and they're planning to do 50. Then I'll ride back home and that should be about my 5 hours. I have a 20 min run off the bike. Then...after a shower and some major chow, I have about 7 hours of babysitting for an 8 month old (thank goodness I won't actually be chasing around a toddler, as I will be recovering smartly) and also some work thrown in there since I'll have time and I'm much behind on my work. But don't tell my boss that...

Also good news today: I'm a finalist for the St. Jude job!!! YAY! I actually knew this yesterday because I contacted the doctor I interviewed with and she told me. But today made it official with them asking for my references. They said they'd probably make a decision by late next week or early the following week. So best case scenario I have a job by the end of next week. Worst case scenario...I'm not even going to mention it.

So that's the last few days (and tomorrow) in a nutshell ("Look I'm in a nutshell!" -that's for you Corky!)

No comments: