Monday, May 12, 2008

T - 6 days and counting

I've never been so excited to race as I am for this year's Memphis in May tri. It was my first olympic distance race (last year), and I'm looking forward to destroying my time from last year. Here's the top ten reasons why this year's race will be so awesome (compared to last year).

10. I have a coach this year who has trained me so well
9. I get to race with my coach
8. My parents and brother are coming to the race, and its their first triathlon
7. I know the course, since I competed last year, so I'll feel more comfortable
6. I know SO MANY people racing (Liz, Leslie, Nass and her mama, and numerous others from around Memphis)
5. I'm literally miles ahead in my training of where I was last year at this time
4. I had the BEST brick workout ever on Saturday
3. It's freakin Memphis in May..one of the best races in the whole country!
2. Bike's Plus managed to squeeze me in for some bike maintenance on Wednesday, even though they'll be building all kinds of bikes being shipped in for the race. So I will be racing on a tuned up bike!

And the number one reason why this year's Memphis in May race will be so much better than last year's....

1. I DON'T HAVE A BROKEN LEG.

That reason in and of itself will make this weekend so much better. I won't be limping to the finish line! YAY! I had a dream (more like nightmare) about the race last night. In true Robyn fashion, it was a whacked out dream, so its not like it would really come true, but when triathlons creep into your dreams...its a little weird. At least that's what Patrick just told me.

No comments: