Monday, June 9, 2008

Race day is near!

First off, I'm jealous of Lawrence, KS right now. I just looked at the weather and its currently 65 there! Yeah, its already 84 here with 70% humidity, making it feel like 90!! NEAT.

Well, T - 4 days until I leave for Kansas! And T - 6 days until RACE DAY!!!

I'm very confident that I can do this distance and do it well, however with nearly half the field dropping out of Eagleman yesterday (due to heat, I assume), I'm kinda nervous about the weather. I've been training in the heat lately, and it SUCKS. The forecasted weather for Sunday is high of 86. That's like the temperature outside here right now. So I'm hoping it won't get too hot!

Although it is good training for Ironman Louisville. Kentucky in August is NOT pretty.

Congrats to everyone who raced (i.e. braved the heat) yesterday! Liz rocked Eagleman and placed 8th in the pro division! YAY! Seth competed at the Lancaster Half, and even though his bike revolted against him, and the heat was brutal...he finished...which a lot of people can't say they did!

And everyone racing in Kansas next weekend...get ready! Race day is near!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Jealous? Really? The water here is so gross because of all the storms we've gotten in the last week that they have cancelled all the (pratice) open water swims! Be prepared for some murky water at Clinton!

The heat? Well, if you go fast enough you'll finish before it gets too hot! ;)

Good luck to you! Liz has trained us well and I'm totally looking forward to it!

Iron Jayhawk said...

Eeeek!

NUMBERS ARE UP, ROBYN. NUMBERS ARE UP.

You're going to be brilliant! :)

Mike said...

I hear it's going to be a tough race. If the bacteria in the water doesn't kill you, the heat might. Good luck.