Friday, June 27, 2008

Where have I been?

Don't worry, I've been asking myself that too. Got an email from a friend today:
How am I supposed to know what is going on if you don't update your blog?????? I feel lost....alone....wandering in the wilderness of despair.
I feel the same way, Bill.
Well, what I've been doing for the past week is VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL. It took over my life for a whole week. I think I would have been less tired if I had trained for 4 hours a day rather than be with those kids. I was the "professor" of 22 four-year-olds. You heard that right. Twenty-two. Four year olds.
The theme of the week was Powerlab. Which is why I was the "professor". Didn't even have to get my PhD! Every day I came home and crashed for about two hours. It was EXHAUSTING. But how could you not be happy seeing these smiling faces everyday, talking to them about Jesus?

Also, I love what 4 year olds say. Some quotes from this week:

Anna: Miss Robyn, your shoes are kind of big.

Robyn: I know.

Anna: It's ok, you'll grow into them.

----------------------------------------------------------

Class leader: Kids, have you ever done anything wrong in which you can ask Jesus for forgiveness?

Emma: I never do anything wrong. But my brother does!

----------------------------------------------------------

Lisa (talking to her daughter): Molly, tell Miss Robyn what Jesus gives you the power to do.

(Molly stares at me)

Robyn: Molly, what does Jesus give you the power to do?
Molly: EAT CAKE!!!

This is why I LOVE KIDS.

Training is going well, surprisingly after this week. I have a 6 hour ride in the morning...SOLO. Here's to success at that.

2 comments:

tri2fnsh said...

i gotta tell ya...i'm not at all jealous of your ride tomorrow! i just said to my mom and bro this afternoon...tomorrow's saturday and i don't have to ride - what will i do???

Alissa said...

I've got an 18 mile run tomorrow!! Maybe we'll cross paths again. I hope it's a good ride for you. When are we getting together? We should just plan something in advance. Plan the plan!! I love it when a plan comes together.