Monday, July 7, 2008

What am I supposed to do with THIS?

I got my mail today and had a package containing this:

Um..... ????????????????

For those of you who live under a rock and do not know what happened, I (among numerous other athletes) did not get to finish this race. Had I truly finished, I would have had a ridiculous run time of 5.5 min miles, or something ridiculous like that.

Any other time in my whole triathlon life, I would be walking around with this thing taped to my forehead. But I didn't actually get 4th place. I was the 4th female 20-24 to run through the chute, but there were a few girls who came in after me that actually did the whole run. So you can see the issue.

Now I'm taking suggestions as to what to do with this. Doorstop? Paperweight? Wallpaper smoother? Let me hear it people.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Mark Ekco, clothing designer (and my brother's former boss) bought Barry Bond's record breaking baseball at auction and then invited people to vote via internet on what he should do with it.

The three options were:
* give it to the baseball hall of fame to do what they wanted with it

* give it to the baseball hall of fame with an astericks permantently marked on it

* launch it into orbit

If you can't gather enough money to launch it into orbit, I suggest you use it as a spoke card. :)

tri2fnsh said...

I'd say take bids - highest bid wins and you have cash. Doesn't everyone want a nice wooden award?

Gary Z said...

can we try and get it re-engraved with "IM Kansas 63.8" because I think you were the 4th place female in that one.