Monday, November 26, 2007

And so it begins....

Court warned me about this. How IM starts to take over your life. Well, I'm about 9 months out, and yes, it has begun. You can't escape it. First off, at Thanksgiving, I'm not even sure how it came up, but it did. And it was discussed for approximately 20 minutes. I felt bad...because its still 9 months away and I feel like its the center of my life already. Even on the phone last night, my dad said "are you ready for your marathon next saturday?"........a few things said.......and BAM!!! Ironman talk. I don't know how it happens. It's like it seeps out of my pores and it HAS to be brought up.

Then....Saturday night, I had an IM dream. I'd say it was my first one. I drempt that next Saturday morning is my marathon (which it is), and Saturday night was my IM!!! I woke up with so much anxiety...but in my dream, I did it anyway. I think I won both races, and then married Mr. Potato Head, but hey...a girl can dream??? (about winning, that is). So, I'm sorry to those of you who will cross my path in the next 9 months...because I suppose it only gets more intense from here...........

1 comment:

Michele said...

You so crazy :) The funny thing is that I'm jealous. I can't wait until I catch the offical ironman fever. Guess that makes me crazier than you. Good luck this weekend.