Thursday, November 8, 2007

Back in the swing of things

This week, I decided I have to get back to a routine. Lately, I've been taking it somewhat easy and mostly just running. I haven't been on my bike in a few weeks, and I haven't swam since I got out of the lake at Halfmax.

Monday, I ran with MIM. Tuesday, I worked out for 2 hours while watching Biggest Loser! I love that show. Rode for 50 minutes, then did some strength and core work. I felt so good afterwards! And last night...I SWAM. Lucas (office mate) didn't believe I'd actually go, because in the past I've made up excuses every time, but I DID IT. And it felt GREAT to be back in the water.

Running and biking is great...you feel free. But nothing compares to the quiet when you are immersed in hundreds of thousands of gallons of water. Nothing compares to that. Maybe it's because I grew up a water mammal? Maybe it's because my mother says I turn into a b*tch when I'm out of the chlorine for too long? Or maybe it's just because when you are in the water its like you're flying, like you're in space with no gravity. Whatever the case may be...it was SO great to swim again.

I swam a 2000. I actually felt really good. It was like I hadn't skipped a pool workout. I felt tapered. Lucas and I decided this morning, that about the 3rd or 4th workout...I'll feel those 2 months off! Until then...I'll enjoy this feeling.

1 comment:

tri2fnsh said...

did I inspire you, Robyn? :-)