Friday, November 30, 2007

I think you have me mistaken for a RUNNER...

Yesterday I went to the St. Jude expo to pick up my race packet, goody bag, and the bets part of all....shop at the expo! I controlled my spending by only taking $30 in cash. I'm getting much better at this whole "ooooh shiny" complex as my sister calls it.

After gathering all my bags (you always feel like a bag lady at expo's) I walked in and out of booths, looking at all the spectacularly great deals on race clothes. I bought this nifty shirt that wicks away moisture..its not dry fit, but some soft material. Also bought some run shorts...ended up being a bit snug right now, but it gives me something to shoot for as I lose some lbs over the next few months. And most importantly...my new sticker addition after tomorrow... a "26.2" sticker to add to my car. I do the races for the stickers :)

A lot of booths had charms (to make necklaces) of runners, triathlons (swimmer biker and runner) etc. I end up at one booth, and had a little conversation that went like this:

Me: Do you have any triathlon charms?
Lady: Yes we have these. But we have a lot of runner charms, too.
Me: Oh I'm not a runner.
Lady: Which race are you doing on Saturday?
Me: The full marathon.
Lady: Oh, well you're definitely a runner then!
Me: No, you may have me mistaken as a runner but running just happens to be the last 1/3 of a triathlon.

She just kind of looked at me...confused. I get that a lot...mostly when I mention that I'm doing an IM next year. So, don't worry, Lady, you are not alone.

I'm excited for tomorrow, mostly so I can go back to being a triathlete and not just a poser...er..I mean runner. I'll write tomorrow afternoon (or most likely on Sunday) my race recap! Pray for me!!!!!

No comments: