Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Training Advice

I just received the best training advice EVER for Ironman Louisville from my friend Tiffany. The conversation went a little like this:

Robyn: Did I tell you I signed up for IM Louisville?

*after explaining what it was*

Tiffany: Sounds easy..where do I sign up?
Robyn: Too bad, it's full. Did I also mention I have to swim in the Ohio River?
Tiffany: ewwwww. I can't believe you have to swim in that cesspool.

*weird things are said...pretty standard for T. Diddy and me*

Tiffany: I think you should stick your head in the toilet to train for the race in the Ohio River...build up your immune system.

Thanks T. Diddy! Who says I need to PAY someone to coach me thru the IM. A little biking, a little running, and sticking my head in the toilet every few days...I'm good to go!

2 comments:

One Scotch, One Bourbon, and Another Bourbon said...

You know, that's actually not bad advice.

Go Mom Go said...

My sister (the Pharm D - doctor of pharmacy) asked me if I needed antibiotics prior to last year's race. I almost took her up on them...

The river is really not any worse than any other water that I swim in around the midwest. I just focused on not swallowing any, which for some reason is really hard for me to do. It is definitely not like swimming in the Mississippi river (which is something that I do several times a summer up by St. Louis). My only suggestion is not to wear anything light colored -- it gets really dirty. :)