Thursday, March 27, 2008

RACE!

Race on Saturday! YAY! I'm so excited. So ready to race. I've been training for 3 months now, in preparation for IM, and I want to see how my training is paying off. Sure, I can determine this by my test weeks, but its just not as fun! It's a sprint tri down at Ole Miss, but I am determined to blow my time out of the water from last year. I went a 1:20ish last year, and I'm looking to drop nearly 10 minutes. Which for a sprint is dang good. I think my swim will be about the same, hopefully faster (since I practiced flip turns under the lanes lines yesterday), my bike should be phenomenally better, and my run should be pretty solid. The only thing is, I got an email yesterday saying they lengthened the bike course from last year to have an easier turn around, so I think its an additionally 2 miles. Ok, maybe cutting 10 minutes may be asking too much with the lengthening of the course, but I'm excited nonetheless. I can't wait!!!

3 comments:

runningtwig said...

Thanks for the info on the massage and good luck tomorrow!

Mary Sunshine said...

How did it go????

I hope you had a wonderful time!

(and that it was WARM...) ;-)

Iron Jayhawk said...

Hellooooooooooo how'd you do!?

Or were you too caught up in the excitement of our Jayhawks??