Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I know its cold there, but...

...for being in the "south" and in Memphis, its cold here, too. Ok, not deathly cold like in Chicago or KC (-4-ish), but for a place that rarely sees snow, 32 is cold! Now I can't complain about today because according to my nifty temperature thingy on my computer, it says its 57 outside. I can deal with that. That's rideable weather. 32, however, is not. I've read of heroic cases where people are riding in single digit temperatures, but you will never, I repear, NEVER catch me outside riding my bike in anything less than 50. I tried riding at 40 one time, and I regretted every pedal stroke. I'm just not built for that. Plus, I do not own cold weather cycling clothing. I avoid riding in freezing cold. That is why I have a trainer! And like I said, we do have the occasional warm winter day so I can escape the monotony of the trainer. I'll run outside in just about anything except darkness, because I do not want to get mugged. But riding? Nah...I'll stick to my trainer.

I realize I will get hate mail from many of my lovely triathlete friends, saying "I can't believe you think 30-40 degrees is cold. Well.....all I can say is....its all relative. And I get my "wimpy cold" gene from my mother.

No comments: