Monday, February 25, 2008

zzzZZZzzzzzZZZzzz

Man am I TIRED. Had an amazing weekend at the Hope Women's "Girl's Getaway"...aka retreat. It was so much fun and I learned so much. I cannot even begin to describe how great it was.

So, I'll focus on the training from this past week. 12 hours of training...so far my biggest week. I know I have so much more to come. But, this was tiring. 7 straight days of training. And not just "go run around a little bit"...it was like an hour of jumping between HR zones while running, or on the trainer for 2.5 hours, or 3500 in the pool. But it was a really good week. I only didn't get to do one part of it, and that was a 15 minute run off the bike yesterday. I crashed when I got home from the trip for 2 hours, and when I finally got on my bike (let me rephrase...when I finally had the energy to get on my bike), it was 8pm and I was not going to run outside and risk getting mugged. Plus, I was pretty much ready for bed as soon as I was finished.

This week is "recovery week"...but its also retest week. I'm a little hesitant about the tests because although I want to blow my previous tests out of the water, I'm afraid my body is too fatigued. But, we'll see. No sense in thinking negatively going into the tests. I'm going to put my optomistic hat on and get after it. Because....you know the drill....that's how I roll.

1 comment:

Theoutofshapeguy said...

DO THE KANSAS 70.3!!! ITS GONNA BE SO MUCH FUN!!! ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE DOING IT!