Friday, February 29, 2008

Week in Review

What a week! It's the week before Spring Break, and I think no matter what, that week is always crazy! I felt like I had a million things to do, and I went to bed Monday night and woke up Thursday morning.

This week was test and rest week. Monday was a rest day, as I had trained 7 days in a row. Tuesday started my swim test. 10x100's all out, 10 seconds rest in between each. Last time I went 15:12, which was (after subtracting out rest) a 1:22 pace. Not too shabby. THIS TIME, however, I finished in 14:59, which was a 1:20 pace! I was definitely happy with that.

Wednesday was my bike test. Warmup, followed by 20 minutes all out. First off, I really think the resistance on my trainer was higher than last time. I was dripping sweat everywhere, as Junior was trying to lick it up. Sick, I know. The first ten minutes were grueling, as were the last ten minutes. I felt pretty good and kept a decent pace. I increased my distance by .3 of a mile. Not bad, again! My pace was somewhere around 15.5, and for the trainer, I think that's decent! Like I said, I think my resistance was higher than last time, so increasing my distance (while maintaining the same HR from last time) was definitely a bonus. When I finished, I thought "Man I could have pushed harder, I feel fine", then I came out of my aero bars and almost threw up and passed out at the same time. Then I thought "Oh....nevermind...." Overall, it was good.

Thursday I had an exam so I studied all day for that (well, sorta), and took a break to swim. I didn't realize it until I got to the pool, but I had 4200 yards planned! WTF? It's a rest week! But, it was mostly drills and nothing too terribly fast. I ended up having to cut out one 300 because I had to run home and let Junior out before I came back for my exam. Well, the exam sucked, thanks for asking, but at least its over, right?

And now its Friday. Today is my run test. I'm kind of excited to see how I improve, because I think my running has improved the most. We'll see...I'm feeling kind of fatigued physically, and sleepily. Does that make sense? No, OK just go along with it. Finally spring break is here, but I think I have more work to do next week than I have in the last month combined. Although much more sleep will be involved :)

2 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

You're an animal. Seriously. An animal.

Oooh and how excited was I today when I saw my client wearing a KU charm bracelet!? Eeeek! I almost tackled her. :) Turns out TWO of my clients are Jayhawks. We're taking over the world I tell you!

tri2fnsh said...

atta girl, Robyn! Sounds like your training is going well - good for you! Maybe this is just a tired week all the way around?
Keep (it took me 3 tries to stop spelling that kepp...) up the good work!