Monday, February 4, 2008

I Don't Like to Lose

I was pretty excited when I walked into work today because I had forgotten it was new computer day! When I say new computer, I mean my boss's 2 year old computer that gets passed down to me because he's a computer snob and buys a new one almost every 2 years. Great deal for me! I've been working on it all morning, switching things to my new computer. However, I've been stopped. OUTLOOK. If anyone has worked with it, they probably know it takes FOREVER to set it up, that is if its not working properly. And of course, mine isn't.

I like when things just work. I'm not great at fixing computer things. I usually call the boss downstairs for that, but he's walking around with the new prof prospect we're currently interviewing (Yeah I'm on the search committee, pretty bada$$ if you ask me). Anyway, he can't help me. Ok, I'll call IT help desk. Well that was 40 minutes of my life I'll never get back....

So here I sit, helpless, and pissed about it because I like to WIN. Currently I'm getting lapped/sped past at 10 mph more/sprinted past by this stupid computer program. I dislike that, because I have been training my butt off. I don't like to lose.....especially to computer software.

However, I am rocking dual monitors and not many people can say that....so I've got that going for me :)

1 comment:

Life's Not A Sprint... said...

Yoga was ridiculously hard and hot! It was not that cheesy yoga, it was intense! You are pretty much moving for 90 minutes in 100 degree heat.... and I loved it. You should come with me sometime (students get a discount and you can get your first week of unlimited classes for $20).