Thursday, December 20, 2007

Frustrations with racing

Not the actual race itself...I love that part! It's the figuring it all out months before it will happen. Usually this isn't too big of a deal, but seeing as how I graduate in May, and must enter the real world (enter scary music)...I have no clue where I'll even be come June! Since I'm talking with my coach tomorrow, I'm pretty sure she's going to want to know my racing plans for next season. So I made a schedule (see new column to the right) based on the fact that I will be in Memphis at least all summer. This wouldn't be a bad thing considering I have an apartment until July 31. And I wouldn't even mind sticking around Memphis another year or two...I've kind of grown fond of one of the most dangerous cities in America. I think I did a pretty good job of picking races I don't have to travel far for. In fact, the only ones I'd have to spend the night for are the TN state sprint championships (in east TN, hopefully I could find someone that I know there so I could crash at their place) and Ironman. IM is already taken care of as far as booking a hotel room, so that's a plus. I just don't want to travel too much due to the fact I'm still poor. The half marathon is a maybe. I already ran a road race a few weeks ago, but I stuck it in there just in case I feel up to it. Ole Miss sprint will be so fun because supposedly a lot of my classmates want to "tri a tri" (little triathlon humor there...) and we all decided this would be fun! I'll do it even if they don't because it was a nice little break the ice for the season race. Memphis in May...obviously doing this one. Best race I've ever done. Plus, my coach will be here for that one! Yeah! I didn't think the Mighty Mite and Dragonfly were that big of races, but apparently they are! They are both about 45 min to an hour away, so I can drive that morning. Which saves a ton of money! So I'm excited to do those. They are both between sprint and oly distances. Should be good. Besides that....FORD IRONMAN LOUISVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously, that one will happen :) And I will be an Ironman. Because I'm a rockstar. Or because I'm crazy. Or both...................

2 comments:

Theoutofshapeguy said...

Hey Robyn!

I'm so excited to see another jayhawk doing louisville! Hope everything works out with graduation and can't wait to read about everything!

ROCK CHALK!

Unknown said...

i'm just curious what happens when i smoke you at the Rebel Man!?! In the words of your mascot..."them there is fightin words"