Monday, December 31, 2007

1 training session down, 429 to go (or something like that)

Day 1 is over! Wooooo! I'm one step closer to IM! Alright, maybe I shouldn't be that excited. Or maybe I should :)


It was a good workout day. Started the day out with Aunt Martha at the gym. 8am. That's the earliest I've woken up (7am) since I've been home. But it felt great. We did the eliptical for 30 minutes, and then lifted upper body. I also taught her my favorite thing ever: Swiss ball pikeups!! Like this, only more graceful :) And we were wearing shirts.
It's always fun to workout with someone! Wish I was here more to work out with her, but alas, I am not.
Then I had my run workout scheduled for today. Drill stuff. I thought "meh..piece of cake!" Well it was a little more difficult than I thought. I came home and took a nap and now I can feel some soreness in my legs from some of the drills. So I'm actually kind of excited that it was such a good workout even though it was only for 40 minutes. I know if I do all the things my coach tells me to do...I'm going to ROCK IM. And THAT is worth every drop of sweat, tears, and blood. Because there will be all three. It is an Ironman, after all. Until training session two..........................

3 comments:

Go Mom Go said...

congrats!

Day one for me is today...so far I have done nothing. :)

Happy New Year!
Laura

Mary Sunshine said...

Hi Robyn,

Actually, if you follow your plan you might not have any blood or tears. You can totally do this!!!

Mary

Theoutofshapeguy said...

Congrats Lady!