Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I feel like I'm in a fish tank

Last night, I went and swam. Yeah! It was nice to be active again after a 2 day hiatus. So I'm just chugging along, doing a long, continous set when I notice a guy had jumped into the lane next to me. He was a decent swimmer, but nothing spectacular.

After a few laps, I noticed he was just sitting at the wall. Ok, he's probably just taking a break. I swim down to where he's sitting on the wall, do a flip turn, and as I turn to push off the wall....there he is. Under water, holding his nose, just staring at me! To say the least...it was a tad bit creepy. This continued for about 3-4 laps. I figured out he was trying to watch my flip turns because then he just stayed at the wall flipping over and over again trying to mimic what I was doing. I guess I should be flattered? Ok, I have to admit, I put my best flip turns on for him from that point on....but was still a little creeped out.

In other news.........

I'm a failure at tea. Bill, if you're reading this, our discussion from last week did nothing for me. Sorry :( I've tried 3 different kinds and I just don't like it. The thing is....I WANT TO LIKE IT. I know it has great nutritional benefits (i.e. antioxidants, which I'm obssessed with trying to take in as much as possible) and I need something besides another cup of coffee during the day (so I don't become too dehydrated). But I just can't take it! The smell of it just doesn't seem appealing to me. It's kind of like eating fish. When something has a really fishy smell, it turns people off of it. And, knowing that fish can be mild in flavor (not very fishy taste)...is tea the same way? Am I wrong??? So if anyone has any tea suggestions, let me know!

2 comments:

Go Mom Go said...

Too funny! He probably was trying to learn how to do a flip turn. What I think is funny is that he never said anything to you to explain what it was he was doing...

Tea -- I have been trying really hard to include Green Tea in my day. The answer for me is Splenda. I know that it is not a natural substance but that is how it has to be. Honey is pretty good to but I am trying to focus on getting the sugar out of my life. REALLY HARD!!

Good luck!

Alissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.