Sunday, December 30, 2007

P.S. Ironman training starts TOMORROW

!*$&*!%&*#!&$*&!%*&#*

Yeah...IM training starts TOMORROW. December 31st, 2007. Look at me, starting a year before the event! Kinda. Ok not really. Exactly 8 months until race day. I seriously feel like tomorrow is a whole new ERA for me. Training for an Ironman??? Yeah, done the marathon thing. It was hard, but I knew I'd be doing something harder so I took it kind of lightly. Done a century ride before, but that was a whole day event for the MS150 so it wasn't a race per se. I've swam a whole hell of a lot before so that doesn't bother me either. Let's put them all together, after 8 months of extra long main sets in the pool, numerous long rides that end just before the daylight does, and long runs thru muddy trails at 6am....then give me a 17 hour deadline and call it a day! Yeah...that sounds good.

But that's what we do. All these people are doing it for the same (and some additional) reasons. We want to prove to everyone we can do it, when they thought we couldn't. We want to show that its possible for an everyday normal person to hold a full time job and still train for this grueling race. But most importantly we are proving to OURSELVES that we can do this...even though two years ago, we didn't own a bike, never set foot in the pool unless it involved a beer and a bikini, and couldn't run a mile to save ourlives. And by "us".....I mean me. Unless that also includes anyone else...feel free to share your story :)

I will do it. Don't even bet against me. If you do, you can go ahead and mail your check to me because I could use the money to buy gels or accelerade or something useful to get me across the finish line. Thank you.

1 comment:

Iron Jayhawk said...

You've got this, Robyn.

Looking forward to following you over the next 8 months and beyond. :)