Wednesday, April 9, 2008

April Goal

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!!! Once again, I am sick. Bronchitis. It's not nice. Not a fan. At least I went to the doctor pretty quickly and got some antibiotics. Hopefully by tomorrow I will feel near 100%. Coach said no swim today, but I can spin if I want. I'll do that, so I don't die on my longer ride tomorrow...because that WILL get done.

Seth and I talked about goals for this month last night. His goal is to run every day for the rest of the month. He asked mine and I thought "I don't really have a goal for this month". But then I thought about it. I did have one.

"To actually meet my time requirements from Coach".

You see, for the first few weeks, I actually exceeded the time goals, because I only had 6-8 hours to do per week. I felt great about myself! But every since those first few weeks passed, its been more and more difficult to get my time requirements in. On almost all of my swims, I get them done faster than Coach schedules. For example, a scheduled 1:15 swim usually takes me right at an hour, give or take a few minutes. But sometimes, it happens where I don't get a lift in, or I don't get to run as long as I should because of class, sickness, fatigue, life, etc. This worries me, because how am I supposed to get my heaviest training weeks done once I start my job??

So my goal for the rest of April is to meet my time goals. However, this will start NEXT week because I am sick this week and have already missed a whole workout....dang!

No comments: