Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Can I get *NSYNC already???

I really hope my mind and body sync up for my "A" races. Isn't that what's supposed to happen? So that you have one sweet, fast race?

So last week was all about how my mind was in the game 110%, and my body was about 10 feet behind me. This week...strike that, reverse it! (Name the movie for bonus points). My body feel really good. Legs are fresh, though I don't know how that happened. However, my mind is just TIRED.

I think its because I'm finished with grad school. Two years of hard work, and it just ends...like that. *SNAP* you're done. Here's your piece of paper that says your a Master. Now, it just didn't happen, I put a TON of hard work in over the past two years. Which is why, all the sudden, my mind is just tired. Its like riding up a really long, steep hill on my bike. The build up of two years...up and up and up, spinning at 50rpms, going 6mphs...and finally, after hard work, sweating profusely, legs and lungs burning, you get to the top. Then what? Then you get to speed down the hill at 40mphs into the real world.

Back to yesterday. I had a swim. 3000. Not bad by any means. And it was actually my favorite workout... 200's!! Main set was 8x200's. I started at the interval of 3:15 and went down by 5 seconds each time until I ended on 2:45. I held about 2:50's the whole time, and the last one I rocked right at 2:45. Before even getting to the pool, I just did not want to go. All I wanted to do was sleep. I knew I had to do it. So I went, and it ended up being a good workout.

Then I had my one and only final of the semester. Did way better on it than the midterm, even though I started studying for it at 9:30 yesterday morning..oops! I went home and all I wanted to do was sleep. Are you seeing a theme? I layed in my bed, but my body (or Junior) just wouldn't let me fall asleep. Junior saw a doggy friend outside and got excited, so we went out for a bit and played. We came back in and I laid down again. Talked to Mom for a bit, told her how I didn't want to run. She said "yeah you're probably tired", but I knew she was really saying "get off your butt and run, cause you'll never finish an Ironman by laying in your bed." And she was right. But I still wasn't convinced.

I text messaged Seth.

"I don't want to run. Too tired. Can I do it tomorrow?"

He called right away.

"No you can't do it tomorrow. Get off your butt and run. Just do it. You know you need to and you want to, now DO IT!"

Ok, ok. I'm going. So I did. And I'm so glad I did, because it was beautiful outside. Perfect running weather. The sun was going down, it was about 60 degrees, and just overall nice. I didn't take my ipod because I just wanted to soak up the end to the beautiful day. And better than that, I had a great run. 4 miles...paced a 10:18. Pretty good for me, and considering I wasn't supposed to push the run all that much. I was very happy I went.

More importantly, I'm so happy I have people in my life that are so supportive of my crazy life. I couldn't be happier that my parents completely support me in my crazy endeavors as of late. I only wish they could see more races. They will get to witness their first triathlon at Memphis in May in a few weeks! I'm so excited! Also, I have great friends (Corky, Seth, Coach, Barb, Mike, Dawn, etc. etc. etc.) that keep me going. Without any of you, it would not be possible!! THANK YOU ALL!

Anyway...I can't wait for my body and mind to decide to work together for once!

1 comment:

tri2fnsh said...

obviously, I'm just catching up on some blog entries! :-) I'm glad I can keep you going...it's nice keeping up with your blog too, 'cause...well, I think misery loves company! ha ha