Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's official.....



I'm signed up for it!!!

After going back and forth, mostly for financial reasons, I asked God what to do. Silly, I know. But he answers. I had a dream today that I was talking to a friend from Kansas (haven't seen him since graduation day) and he is signed up for the race...in real life he is. He's a really good triathlete. In the dream, he asked if I was coming back for it. I said "well of course I am! How could I not!" I woke up and knew I had to do it.

It's not just a half IM race. It's practice for IM. It's in my old stomping grounds. I know tons of people who are racing. I have a FREE place to stay. I just have to get there. Now granted, its not going to be easy, seeing as how I will have only been working at my new job for about a month.... "see ya boss! I'm off to race!" That only goes over well with my current boss.....

But nothing in life is easy. This whole year is about testing my limits. Seeing how far I can go. I'm graduating (again), starting a big girl job (where I will actually work 40+hours per week WHILE training), moving (again, again), and doing a freaking IRONMAN. I have two quotes I live by, and while they're somewhat silly in nature, its true:

That's how I roll....

And

Go Big or Go Home.

So, I am going big. And I got a job in Memphis so I'm certainly not going home. So right now I just need prayers that everything works out financially, which I know it will, because everything is in God's hands. I'm just going to work my butt off for the next year. Because.....wait for it.....

THAT'S HOW I ROLL.

3 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

EEP!!!! SO EXCITED!!!

Okay. So you're in KC this weekend? For your roommates wedding...did you room with hughey and kokoruda? (totally random, i know!)

Theoutofshapeguy said...

OMG THIS IS SO EXCITING! YAY FOR THE COOL KIDS DOING KANSAS AND LOUISVILLE!

GO JAYHAWKS!

Mary Sunshine said...

GREAT DECISION!

The half IM can be a really good time to test out your gear you plan for the full. Also, pacing and fueling....how many calories to replace each hour...what pace feels comfy, etc.

Wish I could be there and cheer!