Monday, April 14, 2008

The weekend

The good news is...I'm finally better. It only took an ENTIRE WEEK! That's pretty frustrating. Normally, I probably average about 10-12 hours of training per week. Last week? 2.5 NEAT. But I'm right back on it this week. I haven't been so excited to train in so long. Especially since seeing teammate Leslie cross the finish line of Ironman Arizona yesterday! Way to go Leslie!
Besides being tired, things are good. I was in Lawrence/Kansas City this weekend for my first college roommate's wedding. It was beautiful...but very cold! It was an outdoor wedding...normally not a problem in mid April in Kansas. It was definitely snowing on Saturday morning. Nonetheless, Cara was a trooper and had a beautiful day. Here we are!
It was so nice to see all my girls this weekend. But now back to training, because my next trip will be back to Lawrence for Kansas 70.3! But not until I rock Memphis in May. And my 'rents are coming down for it! They've never seen me race and this should be a good first race to watch!
Today I have a swim and short run planned. It'll be nice just to be active again. Ok, I suppose I should get some work done??

No comments: