Thursday, April 24, 2008

An Open Letter About Training Etiquette

Dear Hooligans in which I came in contact with last night,

I am writing to tell you about training etiquette. I realize that you were only at the pool for fun, but I was there to train. To train, and sweat, and cry, and hurt, among other things. I realize you may not know the rules of a pool, so I'm here to tell you.

1.) Do not stand in the lane I'm swimming in. I will not stop to ask you to move, I will simply continue to swim and if you are in the way, too bad.

2.) Do not stand against the wall where I will be doing a flip turn. Again, I will not stop, I will actually flip harder and closer to you to send the message that you're not supposed to be standing there.

3.) Do not hang on the lane line and kick your feet in my lane. See number 1.) for what will happen.

4.) If you choose to swim across my lane to reach another lane, do not do it when I'm only feet from swimming at that spot. I will run into you because, again, I will not stop my set to wait for you.

5.) Most importantly, when you figure out that you are bothering me, do not purposely stand against the wall right where I will flip turn, and move only seconds before I do. This is rude and next time I will aim for you.

I hope you take these tips and consider them the next time you are playing with your 12 girlfriends in the pool. While I was very annoyed yesterday in the pool, you actually made me swim faster. However, next time, let's just avoid this.

Sincerely,
Robyn

P.S. If you happen to be the hooligan riding his bike in the park last night as I was running, please be aware that you ride/run on the right side of the path, not matter which way you are going. This way, we do not run into each other. Also, if you see that I'm running on the right side, do not move from the right to the left side of the path so that you will hit me. I do not appreciate it, and it works better if we just stay on our sides.

3 comments:

Theoutofshapeguy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Theoutofshapeguy said...

OMG I think the people who were doing that exact same thing to us moved to your pool.

I hate those type of people!

Alili said...

YES! The lane standers are jerks. This is not social hour at the pool...