Monday, January 28, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

Best decision I made this weekend: Got a massage
At KU we had a travelling sports massage therapist...that was amazing. However, since then I have not had any work done and I've been training like mad. It was getting to the point where I wasn't even comfortable in my bed and wouldn't sleep very well because my upper back/shoulders were so tight. I had about 6 knots around my shoulder blades. Not cool. So I took the plunge Saturday and got a 30 minute massage. Pam from Body Mechanix is the person of the week.

Worst decision I made this weekend: Rode outside yesterday
It was supposed to be near 55 yesterday so I was quite excited to ride outside. I had an hour and 40 minute workout and I definitely did not want to sit on my trainer for that long. Well, it didn't make it past 42, but I already had it in my head I would be outside. This probably isn't that big of a deal for most, but 1. I'm a wimp when it comes to cold, probably from my diving days where if you were cold, it also meant you were wet...double whammy. 2. I don't have winter cycling gear. I was tempted to just wear my parka but that wasn't so aerodynamic. I put on some tights and an underarmour long sleeve shirt, and my new cycling outfit, and I was off. The first 20 minutes weren't bad...but oh that last hour and 20. SO COLD. I had no fine motor skills of my hands when I returned, and I was sure I had lost at least one but up to three toes on my right foot. I stood in the hot shower for 30 minutes (or more) when I got back, put on 2 layers of clothes and climbed under my blankets for an hour until I warmed up. Man that was a bad idea! At least I wasn't on my trainer for nearly 2 hours....

1 comment:

Go Mom Go said...

Hooray for massage!

Also -- hooray for riding outside. I know it ultimately ended up being cold but hey YOU DID IT!

Great job!

Laura