Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sicky McSickerson

Yes, I caught it. The cold that everyone seems to have. I thought it was a sinus infection, as I get at least 2 per year. But alas, just a cold. It started after cleaning and scrubbing everything from top to bottom over the weekend. This usually sets off my allergies and that's what I thought it was. Until I woke up on Tuesday morning, not being able to breathe thru my nose. NEAT. Tuesday night I started to feel really bad. I still swam because it actually helped to be active to clear my nose. I took benedryl to knock me out Tuesday night and it was probably the best night of sleep in a long time. I didn't even feel Junior trying to nudge me off the bed so he could lay directly in the middle! Then yesterday morning, I had bible study and I had every intention of getting thru my bike workout before going. Well, I decided it would be best to have more sleep. So I stayed in bed. Went to bible study...felt kind of bad. I texted the boss asking if I could stay home or if he needed me. He said sleep...so I followed orders and slept for 4 hours! YAY! Woke up to see Junior had pooed on my floor. NEAT. He continued to do that the rest of the night...fantastic, now he's sick. Last night I knocked myself out again and slept really well, while Junior pooed on my floor again overnight. This morning I was going to do my one hour run but felt icky still, so I opted for more sleep. Again while Junior pooed on my floor AND threw up I slept in. Finally I got up cleaned up after the pup and called the vet. Just found out he has some sort of stomach/intestinal virus...NEAT. So now I am getting ready to go to class, and coach just told me no running tonight and maybe no swimming tomorrow!!! ahhhhhhh! I'm antsy but I know I need to rest. Like coach says, better to miss time NOW than say...a week before Ironman...Guess I'll listen to her................

No comments: