Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I am NOT a bug

I was slightly angry this morning during my workout. Actually, the anger started last night when I was supposed to go meet Memphis in Motion for the workout, but it was raining, and I had a volleyball game. So, I decided to wake up early and do it this morning.

It was speed/pace work, which in itself is not the most fun, especially by my lonesome. I didn't feel like filling up my fuel belt, so I just took a water bottle down with me (I was running on the street that my apartment is on. Its a little over a half mile long, so perfect for this workout). I set it at the end of my street, which has a huge circle and a business sitting at the end of the circle. I began my workout, and each time I came back to where my water was, and took a drink...obviously.

Well, where I became angry was I had 2 one-mile circuits left, and I saw a pesticide truck (they were spraying the grass for bugs I'm assuming?) and the dudes looked DIRECTLY at me while I was taking a drink from my water bottle. Ok, nothing to worry about. They saw this is mine. Boy, was I wrong. I even moved the bottle away from the grass. So I go out for my second to last one-mile run, and on the way back, because it was 1,000% humidity, I was sooooo looking forward to a huge drink of icy cold water. I come closer to the end, where my bottle is sitting, and I see the pesticide truck sitting right next to it. I think to myself "surely, they did not spray near my bottle, or they at least moved it." WRONG WRONG WRONG! I pick my bottle up, to see beads of liquid - the prettiest shade of blue. NEAT. They sprayed frickin' pesticide ON MY WATER BOTTLE!!!! Even though they SAW me drink from it. Awesome. Spectacular. What a great start to my day. Then I realize, I have another one-mile interval left. FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC.

I don't know if those dudes realized this...but I AM NOT A BUG. Thank you very much!!

1 comment:

tri2fnsh said...

I totally know what you mean here...I was running at the park with Tucker one day and had his bowl of water right behind the front tire of my car. The dork trash men came to empty all the park trashcans, and wouldn't ya know it - they threw away his dish! Um, HEL-LO! Ya think people might be running at the park with a DOG???? I hope you at least gave them a dirty look!