Wednesday, October 3, 2007

marathon...check!

Finally signed up for the St. Jude Marathon today. Thank goodness! I'm not as nervous anymore for it. It's like "26.2? Meh. I'm going to do a freakin' IRONMAN! That's nothing." Catch me at about mile 20 on Dec 1st though, and I may feel a little differently. Also, ordered new shoes, so now hopefully I won't hurt as much after runs.


Let's see...nothing really new this week. Probably hop on the trainer for about an hour tonight. Hill workout tomorrow...gooooo. Not looking forward to that, even though its really good for my training. Friday, swim. And Saturday, long run!!!! Weeeeee! Way too excited about that.


Well, here's a photo for you:


This is the girls who competed at Halfmax with Sister Madonna Buder. She's a 77 year old nun/triathlete. I just googled her, and found out she's done over 200 triathlons, including 13 IRONMANS!!!! Her most recent one, was at the 2006 Kona race (LAST YEAR) where she became the oldest woman (age 76) to complete the race, just one minute shy of the cutoff time.

WOW. If that's not motivation, I don't know what is.....

No comments: