Monday, October 15, 2007

What a weekend!

Friday:
I did what I always do, but never want to do: fell asleep after work. As great as it felt, and as much as I tried to avoid it, I slept for about 2 hours. So that meant I didn't fall asleep Friday night until about 11:30, and by 11:30, I mean midnight. Next thing I know, my alarm is going off at 4am Saturday.

Saturday:
Yep, definitely had the voice going "what the hell are you doing?! It's Saturday, and it's 4am...the only people awake right now are those working overnight and those coming home from the bars. GO BACK TO SLEEP." Of course, I ignored this voice, just as I always do, and I got up and started getting ready for the longest run to date: a 20 miler. I got to Lowe's to find a nice crowd of people. This should be fun! I'm so glad I am running with MIM because otherwise, I would have slept until about 9, and I wouldn't have ran! We got about 4 miles in until we went back and picked up the 6am group. Man, were there a lot of people this week! I'd say about 35-40 people were running. That makes for a large, chaotic long run! But so much fun! I ran with my girl Katrina for most of the run. She was doing 18 and I was doing 20. Everything was going pretty well (although I have to say mentally I was not in it to win it this week...I hate that!), until about mile 12. I started getting really tight in my hamstrings, which made my lower back extremely tight. Every few miles, we stopped to stretch and that helped, but it wasn't too far down the road and I'd tighten up again. This didn't make me too excited to run a marathon in 46 days, not to mention a freakin' Ironman next year! The miles slowly but surely passed, and soon we came up on Lowe's again. Ah! Freedom! I'm done with the longest run of my life (so far)!!

*SIDE NOTE* Remember how Katrina was doing 18? Well, we hit mile 18 in the middle of the trails...she ended up going 19...yeah girl! YOU ROCK!

We get to Lowe's and our mileage is right at 19 miles. Time wise, we had been running for about 5 hours and 5 minutes. But that wasn't good enough for Bill, Daniel, and me. We decided to hit that 20 mark. So we ran around Lowe's twice to add another mile. After some painful stretching in the back of Mark's truck, I was DONE.

*Thanks to Daniel and Bill for getting me to finish that last mile!!*

I went home and showered, fell asleep for an hour, then it was off to the St. Jude Dog Expo with Junior! He had so much fun! I felt like a parent with a child at a carnival for the first time. He wanted to run around and do everything and play with every dog there. I made a donation to St. Jude and he got to run this track like greyhounds do when they race. He chased a ribbon around on this zip line. The first run he was just trying to figure everything out. The second time, he was determined to get that ribbon! Well, turns out, he did! The zip line broke, which meant the ribbon stopped. He grabbed that thing and ran it all the way around the track and dropped it at the dude's feet. He had a look on his face like "Look Mom I won I won!!!" It was priceless. (I'll post pics when I get home, don't have my camera with me!)

Went to the Men's Soccer game Saturday night. They beat UK!!! Yeah! I definitely fell asleep Saturday night at 9:30. I'm such a winner!

*Also, Ironman World Championships at Kona were Saturday. I watched the coverage on the Internet off and on all day Saturday. Congrats to Liz and Chris, and everyone who raced for that matter!!

Sunday:
Normal Sunday. Woke up at 6:30, went to Church to volunteer in the nursery during 8am service, then went to the 9:30 service. Came home and napped, and was extremely lazy the whole day. Just how I like it!

No comments: