Monday, October 29, 2007

I've got the itch

No, not an itch that you wake up wondering "where did THAT come from?" By no means...I'm way too boring of a person these days to go out partying so hard I don't remember the night. So don't worry parents, that's not it.

THE itch. The Ironman itch. The training my *ss off itch. Yeah, I'm training right now. For a marathon. JUST a marathon. No big deal, right? I mean in 306 days I'll be doing a marathon... after swimming 2.4 miles, and biking further than anyone in their right minds would care to. Which is why I'm itching to train. I think its far too early to start killing myself on a regular basis, though. Court and I were talking this weekend and we decided I should look for a 30 week training plan. Which would put me starting "official" training February 3rd, or somewhere there abouts. But with Court and Jules competing THIS Saturday in IM Florida, I feel like I should be right there with them! But alas, I'm a year behind. I can't lose weight to save my life right now. I'm maintaining, which is not bad, but I'd like to lose a few more pounds. I'm just not training enough. I have my long runs, and my weekday runs, and I try to bike once a week. Still haven't made it back to the pool. I just don't want to get burnt out by, say, June.

Needless to say, even though I'm JUST training for a marathon, I'd rather be training for my IM. Oh well, I guess I should live it up until February 3rd...looks like Cheetos and bon bons on the couch for the next 3 months?

No comments: